Sachiya Mata Temple (Also known as Shri Osiya Mataji) is a renowned local pilgrimage and considered main deity for some of the local communities of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
Osian is categorised as
Reasons to Visit
- Osian is an excursion from Jodhpur and also a desert retreat at just 60 km from Jodhpur.
- Osiyan is home to some very intricately carved and freshly restored Jain Temples.
- Osiyan also has a Hindu temple of great local significance.
- Osiyan is home to an experiential retreat Camel Camp Osian where guests can experience overnight camel safaris and exclusive dune camping.
- Significant Pilgrimages in and around Jodhpur and Jaisalmer
"60 kms from Jodhpur on the Jaisalmer route is desert town of Osian. Sachiya Mata Temple in Osian is very significant regionally.and well visited all through the year. Shri Osiyaji Tirth is a set of well visited Jain Temples (8th and 9th centuries). Some of the temples are in ruins and others are well maintained. Osiyan is typically visited as a day excursion from Jodhpur."
- "60 kms West of Jodhpur, Osiyan offers guests exclusive Sand dunes experience. Osiyan offers an option to travellers to Jodhpur an option for evening exclursion to sand dunes without having to travel to Jaisalmer"
- "Shri Osiyaji Tirth is a set of well visited Jain Temples (8th and 9th centuries). Some of the temples are in ruins and others are well maintained. This is best day visited from Jodhpur (60 kms). "
- Destinations on Jodhpur - Jaisalmer Route
"Osian is renowned for its Sand Dunes at 60 kms from Jodhpur and where guests can experience camel safaris and visit ancient Jain temples / Osiyaji Mata Temple. "
- Nearest Airport -Jodhpur (65kms), Udaipur (320kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Osian
- Osian is an Ex-Jodhpur Getaway
- Osian is connected by Day train with New Delhi, Jaipur